1. Name as many Hawaiian Islands as you can:
2. What’s the capitol city of Hawaii?
3. What year did Hawaii become a US state?
4. Name a Hawaiian beach:
5. Name three products for which Hawaii is famous:
6. Who made the song “Blue Hawaii” famous?
7. What is the main activity at a Huki-lau?
8. Which Hawaiian island has an active volcano?
9. What were the Hawaiian Islands named by the British before it became US Territory?
10. What is the “thing to say on a bright Hawaiian Christmas Day”?
11. Name the Hawaiian State Fish.
12. Which island used to be home of the largest pineapple plantation?
13. How many letters are in the Hawaiian alphabet? List them.
14. Which island had an isolated leper colony?
15. Which island is known as "The Garden Isle"?
16. Which island is known as "The Gathering Place"?
17. Which island is known as "The Valley Isle"?
18. What major world event happened in Hawaii in 1941?
19. The North Shore of the island of Oahu is famous for what activity?
20. Name 3 things that are 'big' about the Big Island of Hawaii.
1. The eight main Hawaiian Islands are: Big Island (or Hawaii), Maui, Kaho'olawe, Lanai, Molokai, Oahu, Kauai, and Niihau
4. There are many. To name a few of the more popular: Waikiki, Ala Moana, Hanauma Bay, Kailua, Lanikai, Waimea, Sunset, Hale'iwa, Wailea, Ka'anapali, Kapalua, Fleming, Ho'okipa, Hamoa, Hanalei, Poipu, Ke'e, Kalalau, Hulopoe, Mauna Kea, Hapuna
5. Products include: Pineapple, sugar, coconuts, macadamia nuts, coffee, grass skirts, aloha shirts, leis
7. Throwing out and bringing in fish nets, cooking fish over fire on the beach
8. The Big Island (Hawaii)
9. The Sandwich Islands
10. Mele Kalikimaka
11. Humuhumunukunukuapua'a (trigger fish)
13. Twelve. Vowels: a,e,i,o,u Consonants: h,k,l,m,n,p,w
18. The bombing of Pearl Harbor
20. Bigger than all the other islands combined. Tallest mountain in the world (from ocean floor). World's biggest telescope and most observatories. Largest ranch (Parker Ranch, 480,000 acres).
About This Blog
This blog is to share with you some of the highlights of my visits to Hawaii and miscellaneous Hawaiiana. Hawai'i has had a great impact on my life. To see more on why I keep this blog, see: The Impact of Hawai'i in My Life.