About This Blog

This blog is to share with you some of the highlights of my visits to Hawaii and miscellaneous Hawaiiana. Hawai'i has had a great impact on my life. To see more on why I keep this blog, see: The Impact of Hawai'i in My Life.

Also, check out the Hawaiian Trivia Quiz.

12/29/08

April 1985 Trip to Oahu, Kauai and Maui


This was an interesting and somewhat different trip than any others I have taken, largely because I was acting as tour guide to a group of senior citizen ladies. I was asked to lead the tour after the guys I knew who had arranged it ended up having conflicts. With a friend from college, we led about 12 ladies on a tour of Oahu, Kauai and Maui.







We did all the standards, including on Oahu: Waikiki and Kodak Hula Show, Polynesian Cultural Center, Pearl Harbor, circle island drives, etc.





On Kauai: Waimea Canyon, Wailua Falls, Fern Grotto, Hanalei area / North Shore drive, etc.







On Maui: Iao Valley, Lahaina, Maui Plantation, Road to Hana (but didn't make it all the way), island drives, etc.


Though we didn't have much free time after directing and pleasing the ladies, we had a good time.

No comments: