About This Blog

This blog is to share with you some of the highlights of my visits to Hawaii and miscellaneous Hawaiiana. Hawai'i has had a great impact on my life. To see more on why I keep this blog, see: The Impact of Hawai'i in My Life.

Also, check out the Hawaiian Trivia Quiz.

3/7/14

The Impact of Hawai'i in My Life

Thirty-three years ago I made my first journey to a place that would forever change my life. Hawaii has since impacted me in many ways regarding love and life and seeking paradise.

Hawaii is just a place, right? Not for me. It is a dream, an ideal, a spiritual experience, a beautiful paradise. When I go there, my spirit breathes deeply and tells me that I am home. Hawaii has entered deeply into my heart.

No place is perfect, and amidst all its beauty, Hawai'i does have its thorns. Yet, perhaps the Hawaii that I visit, both physically and spiritually, is more a paradise in my head and my heart. But I love all that Hawaii represents, in the beauty of the land, the waters and the people.

As stated so eloquently by a friend, I too feel a 
"deep, soulful adoration and eternal love for, with, and about this magnificent, even "magical" if you will, crusted islands in the pacific. The true spirit of "Aloha" flows from it's every crevasse, from the highest mountain peaks to the waters and sea life below, to the eyes behind the faces, that for generations have loved her and lived her and nurtured her."

And as Mark Twain said, 
"No alien land in all the world has any deep strong charm for me but one, no other land could so longingly and so beseechingly haunt me, sleeping and waking, through half a lifetime, as that one has done. Other things leave me, but it abides; other things change, but it remains the same."

Photo by Ken R. Young

No comments: