About This Blog

This blog is to share with you some of the highlights of my visits to Hawaii and miscellaneous Hawaiiana. Hawai'i has had a great impact on my life. To see more on why I keep this blog, see: The Impact of Hawai'i in My Life.

Also, check out the Hawaiian Trivia Quiz.

3/16/09

My Favorite Island: Kaua'i


I have been asked several times which is my favorite Hawaiian island. Although I hesitate very briefly, I always say that it is Kaua'i, the Garden Island. The only cause for brief hesitation is my thoughts of Maui, which runs a close second. Some reasons why I choose Kaua'i in the top slot are that this island has:
1. The NaPali Coast - an other-worldly, un-paralleled, beautiful piece of earth (see pic above)
2. The greatest abundance of green, beautiful foliage on one Hawaiian island (although the Road to Hana on Maui takes the crown as the best area - bar none)
3. Awesome hikes - on the coast and inland
4. Great beaches in beautiful settings
5. Beautiful waterfalls and special places
6. Fewer people, but more than sufficient services

The below listed link is a good one for exploring the bounties of Kaua'i. Make sure to view the video "I am Kaua'i - Hawaii's Island of Discovery", below. This will give you a taste of why Kaua'i is special. But the only way to really understand is to go there.



And, in 2013 my dream to hike the Kalalau Trail was fulfilled. Check out my log of the hiking trip at My Journey to Kalalau as well as this video.

See also:
My Tips for Visiting Kauai

No comments: